Sunday, December 04, 2005

Another gift checked off the list!

Just finished my Dad's scarf this morning and I am super happy with how it came out. I made up the pattern when I couldn't find one that was "Dad worthy". I was a little worried that it might look feminine, but it totally doesn't. I was also concerned because my dad is a big softy and hates wool cuz it's scratchy...I used a wool blend and it was feeling a little itchy to me(Dad and I share sensitive skin!). I used a tip that I read somewhere...use a few drops of hair conditioner in the final rinse while blocking to help with the scratchies...and it really worked! Feels soft and fluffy! And the blocking really helped subdue the patterns bumps and ridges.

And of course, the new Knitty is out...there are a few patterns that I am anxious to start...I was going to start Teva Durhams Lace Leaf Pullover after Christmas, but now I am going to do Tubey...seems like a nice way to ease myself into the world of sweaters...

Before that, I have to decide who else I am going to knit for for Xmas...I still need a gift for my grandmother and brother...I was thinking about doing Kate from the new Knitty for Gram and I don't think that my bro would really dig anything handknit. But I am planning on trying the Baby's First Tattoo sweater from SnB Nation for my nephew...that would fall under Xmas gifts also since thats when I will see him!

I am feeling a little selfish because I bought yarn to make another felted bag and its high on my priority list too...well...we'll see!

3 comments:

Wilma Fingerdu said...

love it...where's mine?

Rain said...

Great scarf, it's very manly looking so I bet your Dad will love it.

Knittypants said...

Very nice scarf. Looks very manly, your dad will love it.