Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Selfish? ME?

I have been feeling sorry for myself this week...Hubby is out of town on business and I needed something to keep me busy...Thank goodness for the new Knitty! I have finished all current xmas WIPs (still have to cast-on a couple though!) so I decided to be selfish. I picked the the most instant gratification-ish pattern that I could find...BOBBLICIOUS! Got the yarn and cast-on last night.

I'm thinking that it will take me at least the rest of the week and as I'm knitting it up, I'm wondering if it might make a good grandma gift for xmas, hmmm....

Anyway, I reduced the bobbles to two rows instead of four partially for fuction, but mainly so my husband doesn't make fun of me! I can't wait to cuddle up with it! Also looking forward to wearing it on the plane ride home. I hate the airline blankets and I am always freezing on the plane!

Here are a couple pics....




I decided to go with the same claret color that the designer used...its really pretty and after looking at all of the possiblities, I think that was my favorite.

And its really jammed on the needles! wish I had longer 15s or even circs! And my bobbles seem misshapen...I've never made bobbles before, but misshapen bobbles sound like a bad thing!

No comments: